As a new patient, you will usually require two long initial appointments to allow for thorough history taking, assessment and discussion of individual needs and subsequent health programme. These appointments are usually around 10 to 14 days apart to allow for completion of questionnaires, pathology or any other testing required.
In order to be as thorough as possible, your two initial consultations typically take between 1 – 1 ½ hours (couples 2 – 2 ½ hrs) and standard follow-up consultations typically take around 30 minutes (couples around 1 – 1 ½ hrs). The frequency of your follow up appointments will depend specifically on the type of treatment program required and the severity of your health issues.
You will experience confident and caring consultations focused specifically on you and your unique set of health circumstances. You will not be rushed.
Initial consultations are focused on gaining a thorough and detailed understanding of your health issues and will include:
- a detailed history of your current health issues as well as past medical history & family medical history
- comprehensive dietary and nutritional assessments
- assessment of physical signs e.g. body composition, blood pressure, pulses, peripheral circulation, hair, skin, tongue, nails
- Iridology (iris analysis)
- assessment of zinc status
Some or all of the following may also be suggested during your initial or subsequent consultations :
- Hemaview live blood cell microscopy – for assessment of your nutritional status and organ function
- blood chemistry functional analysis – to assess nutritional status, cholesterol, iron, glucose and other organ functions
- charting of menstrual cycle – for hormonal, menstrual & fertility issues
- some urinary analysis for heavy metals and gastrointestinal health
- hair trace mineral analysis
- salivary and/or serum hormone assays
- other specialised laboratory testing
Then, with this information, we will work together to resolve your health issues and to achieve optimum health through:
- dietary and lifestyle counselling – learning to use food as your medicine
- the use of functional foods
- nutritional supplementation and individualised herbal formulations
You can be confident that your treatment program will consist of the most up-to-date and advanced scientific application of nutrition and herbal medicine available.
Nutritional & herbal supplements
Are always of the highest available practitioner quality tableted or individualized liquid formulations. These are sourced specifically for their high quality and therapeutic effectiveness.
Consultations by telephone are available for those who find it difficult to attend the clinic in person due to restraints of distance or time. To adhere to industry standards, patients are required to have the initial consultation in person where ever possible. Appointment times need to be scheduled for telephone consultations and fees are the same as for in clinic consultations. Contact the clinic if you require more information.
Health Fund Rebates
Consultation fees are claimable through most private health funds. Nutritional supplements and herbal medicines are claimable only with a few health funds. Check with your individual provider regarding your eligibility.