Pregnancy, Birth and Post Natal Care
Now you are pregnant! Congratulations!
Pregnancy is such a special time. Now you need to consolidate all you have learned prior to conception and continue all your new nutritional, dietary and lifestyle habits. Your health during pregnancy is vital as your baby grows and develops completely according to nutrients supplied solely by you via your diet but also your lifestyle, stress levels and your external environment.
Achieving a Healthy Pregnancy
Continued naturopathic and nutritional care throughout pregnancy will ensure a healthy, trouble free pregnancy and a healthy, happy outcome. The pregnancy program is designed support you and your baby during this time of rapid growth and change. The emphasis will be on your nutritional status and your changing nutritional requirements through each trimester.
During the 1st Trimester emphasis will be on
- Giving suggestions for good dietary and lifestyle habits and continuing clean, toxin free environment
- advising on a nutritious and individualised food plan for your pregnancy to support you and your baby
- optimising your nutritional status, promoting and nurturing a lush and healthy environment in which your baby can grow
- treating reducing any uncomfortable symptoms of early pregnancy that may arise such as morning sickness
- Treating any threat to the pregnancy such a bleeds or threatened miscarriage
During the 2nd Trimester we will
- Continue to monitor your nutritional status with particular emphasis on iron and blood nutrients as well as zinc status (prevents stretch marks)
- Treat any pregnancy problems that may be arising
- Review your activity and exercise
- Treat any problems typically related to the later stages of pregnancy
- Begin birth preparation. Specific nutritional, herbal and homeopathic treatments are introduced to support labour, delivery and lactation. Herbal medicine has a long history of use in the last trimester of pregnancy. Specific nutrient supplementation and individualized herbal homoeopathic formulations will promote a more comfortable birth, post natal and breastfeeding experience as well as reducing likelihood of complications and improving recovery.
Prevention and Treatment of Pregnancy Issues
Regular naturopathic health care throughout pregnancy provides safe and effective treatment options reducing or eliminating many of the common “ailments” of pregnancy including
- morning sickness
- heartburn & reflux
- muscle cramps
- varicose veins
- stretch marks
- pre-eclampsia & high blood pressure
- gestational diabetes
- fluid retention
- threatened miscarriage